Why join ASDM?
Membership is the lifeblood of ASDM. Our association is neither a museum nor a state agency. We rely upon the support of our members to provide the funding for our operations. The support and participation of our members enables ASDM to provide ever-expanding services to South Dakota's community of museums and like-institutions. Your membership in ASDM supports advocacy work, conference programming, our communications, and our annual grants program.
We offer two types of memberships: Institutional and Individual. Institutional memberships are open to any museums in South Dakota or serving South Dakota and are based upon an organization’s operational budget size. Not just museums are welcome to be members. We also welcome libraries, historical societies, archives, history centers, art galleries, zoos, aquariums/hatcheries, educational centers, etc. Individual memberships are open to all those who support and care about South Dakotas museums and historical organizations. This level is also open to consultants, corporations and vendors that serve museums in South Dakota. Please do not use an individual membership to represent your museum organization. Membership periods are from July 1 to June 30 of the following year.
- Representation on ASDM’s website (Institutional Members Only)
- Representation through ASDM’s Facebook Page (Institutional Members Only)
- Discounts on products through Gaylord Archival (Institutional Members Only)
- Eligibility for ASDM’s micro-grants of up to $500 (Institutional Members Only)
- Eligibility to receive and nominate for ASDM awards
- Receive Printed Quarterly ASDM Newsletter
- Registration discounts to ASDM’s annual conference and workshops
- Eligiblity to ASDM's scholarships to attend the Mountain-Plains Museum Association Conference (Note: Must also be an MPMA member. Learn more: https://www.mpma.net/)
- Advocacy, advocacy, advocacy
- Networking with museum personnel throughout the state
- Access to ASDM’s environmental monitor/light meter
How Do I Become A Member?
$15 Individual Membership
$25 Institutional Level I ((budget below $25,000))
$50 Institutional Level II (budget $25,000-$75,000)
$75 Institutional Level III (budget $75,000-$150,000)
$100 Institutional Level IV (budget above $150,000)
ASDM Membership Form: ASDM membership form updated Feb 21 2020.pdf
You can pay online by filling out the form below or mail a check with the completed membership form to:
Fort Sisseton State Historic Park
11907 434th Ave
Lake City, SD 57247
Make checks payable to ASDM or Association of SD Museums. Renewing members may send payment without membership form if there are no changes to the last membership's information. For any questions or concerns, contact Ali Tonsfeldt at email@example.com or
Check out some of our Institutional Members in the green below: