Deadwood History, Inc. (DHI) is currently seeking a Media Arts Designer. DHI is the nonprofit organization that oversees the operations of the Adams Museum, the Brothel Deadwood, the Days of '76 Museum, the Historic Adams House, and the Homestake Adams Research and Cultural Center. DHI is located in Deadwood, South Dakota, in the heart of the beautiful Black Hills. Please visit our website at www.deadwoodhistory.com to find out more.
JOB TITLE: Media Arts Designer
REPORTS TO: Communications Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsible for the development and implementation of design marketing, exhibit, and retail materials.
1. Design marketing materials for print content such as ads, rack cards, posters, flyers, banners, brochures, etc.
2. Create signage for Deadwood History properties including events, hours, visitor guidelines, etc.
3. Promote retail opportunities for property gift shops such as logos, t-shirt designs, souvenir design work, promotional signage, and photos for displays.
4. Management of social media platforms and reporting.
5. Assist with filming and editing videos and uploading content to YouTube channel.
1. Assist archival staff with design materials such as image editing, enlarging, and printing.
2. Support exhibits director with layouts, photo editing, and artistic advice.
3. Maintain Canon ImagePrograf 830 large-format printer supply needs.
4. Assist with events.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Minimum of two years experience.
Knowledge of Adobe programs: Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Illustrator.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three work and personal references to email@example.com. Application deadline is November 30, 2020.