Job ID: 13435 Agency: Department of Education/South Dakota State Historical Society Salary: $15.64 - $16.50 per hour; depending on experience Pay Grade: GF. Apply at: https://scssdltmweb.agilera.net/ltm/CandidateSelfService/controller.servlet?&service=_formnav&bto=JobPosting&dataarea=ltm&webappname=CandidateSelfService&name=PostingDisplay&HROrganization=1&JobRequisition=13664&JobPosting=1&context.session.key.HROrganization=1&context.session.key.JobBoard=EXTERNAL&frombto=JobPosting&_frmurl=true&navname=ViewPosting&_of=true&_ctx.frombto=JobPosting&_ctx.navname=ViewPosting&_ctx.HROrganization=1&_ctx.JobRequisition=13664&_ctx.JobPosting=1&byw=true
This is a full-time position with the Department of Education. For more information on the Department of Education, please visit https://doe.sd.gov/
Come and join an exciting and fun team at the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO)! Our mission is to identify, protect, and preserve historic and cultural resources in South Dakota. The Senior Secretary is an integral part of our mission with some key responsibilities in customer outreach, public affairs, and planning/managing important historic preservation activities.
Licenses and Certifications:
This position requires individual selected to become a Notary Public. Costs associated with this certification and any training will be paid by the employer.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
An ability to work well with others and quickly assimilate into a supportive environment as part of a cohesive team. A friendly demeanor with a desire to work with a wide variety of federal, state, local, and private organizations as well as individuals in both the public and private sectors. Individual will be able to perform a combination of professional and high-level clerical duties requiring independent judgement, analysis, and ability to make their own decisions and solve problems. A bachelor's degree is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• • Correspondence - Creates, proofs, and/or edits documents to ensure accuracy. Examples include statewide press releases and composing official correspondence.
• • Perform high-level clerical office functions - Includes typing, accurate spelling and punctuation, and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint functions).
• • Databases, Records, and Files - Establishes and maintains important information and activities in various systems. Examples include maintaining a database of preservationist consultants and tradesman, memberships, contact listings, SHPO Library materials, and some website administrative maintenance.
• • Office Equipment and Supplies - Uses and coordinates the maintenance of office equipment, and orders supplies through the state procurement system.
• • Office Assistance - Greets and provides initial assistance to clients, while supporting staff with office-related requests.
• • Policies, Procedures, and Processes - Researches and educates others on policies, procedures, and processes as it relates to the Federal National Historic Preservation Act and State statutes regarding historic preservation activities and our preservation programs.
• • Documentation - Gathers, prepares, and records information for meetings, reports, forms, etc.
• • Fiscal Activities - Processes, reviews, and prepares simple financial forms; calculates and compiles financial data for reports.
• • Meetings - Schedules meetings and meeting locations.
• • Work Direction, Support, and Quality Control - Plans work and provides guidance to co-workers. Examples include providing guidance and planning schedules for special events.
Additional Requirements: To be considered, please attach your resume.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
TED M. SPENCER
Director – Historic Preservation Office
South Dakota State Historical Society
900 Governors Drive
Pierre SD 57501-2217
(605) 773-6296 (office)
(605) 773-6041 (fax)